Submit Article Abstract
- Students, residents, professors, and researchers of related areas are welcome to send their abstracts to OMFS congress. We encourage the submission of high quality abstracts for consideration as poster and/or oral presentations.
- Deadline for abstracts submission: November 22th, 2017
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the IR SOMS Congress 2018.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English using exclusively the on-line system of this web page ( www.omfscongress2018.com ). Abstracts submitted via fax or any other means will not be accepted.
- Only original articles and case series are acceptable for OMFS congress and implatnt symposium. Systematic reviews in addition to mentioned articles are acceptable for Young OMFS Researchers symposium.
- Please indicate whether the abstract is for Oral or Poster Presentation.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official congress book.
- The Scientific Committee of the IR SOMS Congress 2018 will determine whether the abstract will be accepted as an oral presentation or a poster, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
- Authors will be notified by email from December 21st, 2017, whether their abstract has been accepted or rejected.
- Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
- Once you have sent your abstract via web, you should receive a formal confirmation by e-mail. For any further information related to abstract submission please, contact with the Technical Secretariat by email.
Please, if you don't receive any confirmation, send an e-mail to email@example.com
Please refer to your agreement form for confirmation of the presentation title, date and time of presentation.
Technical Information for ORAL presentations
All presentations will be presented at a resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels on a PC with Windows 7 and PowerPoint 2010. We do advise you to use the official powerpoint template for your presentation :
In order to ensure an optimal delivery of your presentation, please stick to the following guidelines in the preparation of your presentation:
• Your presentation should be prepared in Microsoft PowerPoint version 2003, 2007 or 2010.
• Preferred page set-up is landscape orientation (portrait orientation will not be displayed correctly).
• Use standard Windows fonts only. Try to avoid use of non-standard Windows fonts or language specific fonts.
• Do not copy and paste the images from another application, please use the "insert image from a file" functionality from PowerPoint (format JPG or PNG).
• MPG, WMV, MOV or AVI are the only acceptable video formats.
• Please give your filename an extension ".PPT"(PowerPoint 2003) or ".ppt" (PowerPoint 2007/2010).
• Check your presentation on a Windows-operated computer (preferably Win7) before you send it.
Technical Information for POSTER presentations
Please notice to the following points for your poster presentation:
- Posters should be prepared to show on LCD at the time of presentation.
- Please note that presenter(s) of a poster should stay by their poster throughout the morning panels from Wednesday to Friday. If you do not show up in the poster hall, you will be considered as "Absent" and will not receive the certificate.
- The size of poster should be 42 inches (diameter) in the horizontal position.
- Times New Roman is the recommended font, with suitable size that could be seen from a distance of 100 cm.
- Your personal photograph should be inserted on the left top corner so that other participants can recognize you as the presenter.
- Logo of the IRSOMS should be inserted on the right top corner (download IRSOMS logo) and congress logo should be inserted in the left top corner (download congress 2018 logo).
- The presentation must contain title, authors' names and their affiliation, corresponding author, and should cover the same materials as the abstract (objective, methods and materials, results, conclusion). It might also contain a brief introduction, discussion and a few references.
- You have complete freedom in displaying your information in figures, tables, text, photography, etc. Figures should be designed to be viewed from a distance and should use clear visible graphics and large type.
- Color can be effective if used sparingly; use saturated dark colors on white background and rich, bright colors on dark backgrounds.
- Briefly describe procedures and materials. Define all trade names first, then use generic names throughout. All compounds and drugs must be identified.